Are you thinking of upgrading your garden or lawn but don’t know where to start? Do you just want a new addition to save you money? Trademark Seamless RainGutters offers installation services for gutter rain barrels to help you make the most of your runoff water. At Trademark, we offer the best in rain chain installation. With many options and services, our family-owned and operated business prides itself on customer service and quality work to help you achieve your home upgrade goals.
What Are Rain Barrels?
Rain barrels catch the water runoff from your gutters. This supply of water can be used to water lawns, gardens, and other outdoor plants. It can also be used for indoor plants! Using a rain barrel can help provide you with a free water source, saving you money long term as well as conserving water.
Regular watering of your lawn and garden can account for up to 40% of your household water usage. By using a rain barrel, you can cut this number down significantly, saving you money on your water bill and making your home more sustainable. While this water is not potable, it can be used for many outdoor needs, making it an invaluable resource for your home. Still not convinced? Here are five reasons you should consider installing a rain barrel:
- Save money: Here’s a theoretical situation: if you water your 100’x100’ lawn weekly in the summer, you could be spending anywhere from $50 to $200 a month. That’s up to $2,400 a year just from watering your lawn! By using a rain barrel, you could collect free rainwater from your gutters and use it on your lawn, cutting your water bill down by a significant amount.
- Water conservation: Another benefit of having rain barrels is for water conservation. The average amount of water runoff from a house over 24 hours is about 700 gallons of water that just flows away. Imagine if you could save that water and use it for your lawn, washing your car, watering your garden, and more!
- They look nice: Rain barrels don’t just help you save money and water. They also look great! Rain barrels come in many different materials like plastic, stone, clay, oak, and more. Rain barrels can offer a nice rustic touch to your home while also providing amazing benefits.
- Reduce runoff pollution: The runoff from rain can be harmful to the environment when it passes through yards and other areas. It can pick up pesticides, oil, fertilizers, soil, and other contaminants and pollute lakes, rivers, and other water sources. This is not only harmful to the plant and animal life that lives there but can also have harmful impacts on our own water sources. By using a rain barrel, you can reduce the runoff that flows through your yard, benefiting the environment.
- Free water for outdoor use: Rain barrel water can be used for many outdoor activities like watering your lawn, watering your garden, washing your car, cleaning your windows, pressure washing, and more! Rainwater is also great for plants because it is highly oxygenated and free of salts, fluoride, and inorganic ions that can harm nature.
Rain Barrel maintainence
A rain barrel is a tool and just like all other tools it requires maintenance and care so that it works properly. After your rain barrel installation, it is good to learn how to maintain it, and here are some tips and tricks to keep your rain barrel in tip-top shape.
- Get a secure cover for your rain barrel to keep animals and mosquitos from getting inside the barrel.
- Clear your roof of debris so it doesn’t get washed down into the barrel. Fallen leaves and other clutter can cause blockages to the spigot.
- After heavy rain, check to see if the barrel is overflowing or is starting to leak, it might be time to get another barrel or upgrade in size.
- Remember to clean out the barrel periodically because sludge and other things will build up at the bottom of the barrel.
- Protect your home by hanging something to protect the side of the house it is installed.
Types of Rain Barrels
There are many types of rain barrels for sale from a variety of retailers. Depending on the material and manufacturer, you can find them at many different price points. The most popular materials include plastic, stone, and oak options, but there are plenty of other colors and shapes to fit your unique yard. They also come in different sizes, meaning they can hold different amounts of runoff water. Typically, a rain barrel will hold anywhere from 50-100 gallons of water, but you can also purchase much larger ones with an even greater capacity.
Our Seamless Services
Everyone’s home is as unique as they are. Whether you’re looking for new seamless gutters, taking down old ones, hanging a rain chain, or anything else, we can help. That’s why we offer so many different services and are flexible to fit your ideas when and where you need them. At Trademark Seamless RainGutters, our services include:
- Old gutter removal
- Residential gutter installation
- Commercial gutter installation
- Custom designs
- Rain chain and barrel installation
- Copper and decorative half-round options
- Leaf protection
- Clean outs
The Trademark Difference
Sometimes it can be hard to tell one company from the next but we know what sets us apart from the rest. We started with nothing more than a single gutter machine and the desire to create a company that people could rely on for quality work and an emphasis on customer service. So many contractors we hired and worked with failed to follow through and communicate or took weeks to hear back from. Their work was average and if mistakes were made no one seemed to care. We wanted to be different and more than anything we wanted to provide a better experience for the community. To learn more about how Trademark Seamless RainGutters can help you, contact us online or call us today at 214.235.7817 for a free quote.