If you have gutters on your home, you have probably had to deal with some kind of debris buildup from your roof. Whether that includes leaves from nearby trees or twigs and branches from a storm, your gutter could become backed up and spill over, leading to potential damage to your home and gutter system.
No one likes cleaning out gutter gunk, especially when it builds up over time and begins to rot and smell. It is a job most of us would like to avoid, so why not work to reduce the amount of time you spend on it? With leaf protection, you can avoid clogs in your gutter system and spend less time cleaning them out.
Types of Leaf Protection
There are a few different options for protecting your gutters that fall into different price ranges and styles. Depending on what your home needs, you might want to consult with a professional about the best fit for your gutter system. In the meantime, here are some of the most common types of leaf protection:
- Screens: One way to protect your gutters from leaves is with a screen protector. These types of leaf protection are made from a fine grid of wire or plastic and are held in place by your shingles. They are installed by sliding the edge under your roof’s shingles, which hold them in place with their weight.
- Mesh: Mesh leaf protection is similar to screen protection in that they allow water to filter through the small holes while blocking larger debris from entering your gutter. They can be installed in a few different ways: by slipping the edge under the first row of shingles, snapping the guard directly onto the top of the gutter, or attaching a flange to the fascia of your roof.
Get Started With Leaf Protection Today
If you are thinking of getting leaf protection installed for your gutters, Trademark Seamless RainGutters can help. We offer installation and leaf protection choices to fit your home just right, so you can spend less time with your hands in dirt and grime and more time enjoying your seamless home. Call us today at (214) 235-7817 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a consultation or ask for a free quote. We can’t wait to hear from you!
What Are Seamless Gutters
Installing seamless rain gutters on your home can also help reduce leaf and debris blockage. Because seamless rain gutters have very few edges, screws, and rivets like conventional gutters, debris can flow through them more freely. By going seamless, you can spend less time cleaning your gutters.
Seamless rain gutters are custom-made using a gutter machine to fit your home with very few joints. They are roll-formed at your home to ensure the perfect fit and come in aluminum, copper, or paint grip. Because of this, they can also last longer than conventional gutters made from vinyl or plastic. Here are five reasons you should consider seamless rain gutters for your home:
- Less Clogging: With fewer seams, our gutters make clogging and buildup far less frequent. Debris has nothing to get caught on, so it can flow more freely through the gutter, making them more efficient than other conventional gutter types.
- Look Better: Seamless rain gutters are sleek and come in many colors, which means they also look better than traditional ones. They are cut to fit your home precisely, so they will not leave awkward gaps or look cheap, meaning increased curb-appeal and less clunky metal. We can also help you choose a color or complement your home’s exterior.
- Last Longer: Seamless rain gutters are stronger than conventional ones because they are made of a solid piece of material. They do not have many seams to compromise their integrity, which helps them last for many years. Because of this, seamless gutters are an excellent long-term investment.
- Prevent Water Damage: Without seams, water will have a hard time leaking, which helps prevent water damage to your home. Leakage can cause soil erosion, compromise your home’s foundation, and look unsightly. Preventing these issues will save you stress and money in the long run.
- Low Maintenance: When you have less clogging, you won’t have to climb on top of your roof to dig debris from your gutters as frequently. This means that you can install and forget about your new gutters for a while, making them a low-maintenance gutter choice, as well.
Your Next Steps
Whether you’re looking to upgrade your current gutter system or add on a new leaf protection system, Trademark Seamless RainGutters can be your one-stop gutter shop. With many options for gutters, colors, leaf and gutter protection, and more, we can tailor your experience to suit your home. If you’d like more information or would like to schedule a time for a member of our team to come out and give you a free quote, contact us today at (214) 235-7817 or email us at email@example.com.